Rumble 20839 The Tick vs. The Mask
MATCH SCORE
The Tick: 0
The Mask: 3

Dino Ultrazord vs. Hoth
MATCH SCORE
Dino Ultrazord: 5
Hoth: 1

Match 20616 Beast vs. Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski)

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 14

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.jpeg.5e7764f1b704e737843ab24fdca7d1be.jpeg

At the start of the third round, Jean Grey continued her rest after a taxing matchup against Polaris. Her teammates Iceman and Archangel watched the beginning of the next batch of fights on the big screen.

ICEMAN: Are you sure you guys don’t want to watch this with us? Jamie and Logan are putting on a show. Jamie is going crazy with the dupes.

Cyclops, the leader of the original team, did not leave his chair at a nearby table. He and Beast were taking stock of where they and the other teams were after 40 percent of the matches had completed. Scott slightly turned his head to the left.

CYCLOPS: Keep us updated how it goes.

Cyclops returned his attention to Beast.

CYCLOPS: Hank, as you were saying…

BEAST: Currently we have one win thanks to Jean. Storm’s team has two wins thanks to Kurt and Piotr. Logan’s team has two wins thanks to Remy and Betsy. Excalibur has two wins thanks to Rachel and Captain Britain. The New Mutants have one win courtesy of Illyana. X-Force has one win courtesy of  Cable. And X-23 brought Forge’s team their one win thus far. Alex’s Team has no wins, Emma’s Generation X has no wins, and Alpha Flight has no wins. It is still anyone’s game, but the last three teams could be getting desperate for a win.

CYCLOPS: We still have Bobby, you, and I to go for our team. Logan and Jamie fighting now would eliminate the possibility of us facing either of those teams this round, but…

BEAST: We faced both of those teams already so it does not lessen the field of possible opponents.

CYCLOPS: Exactly.

ICEMAN: Hey guys, Logan just lost!

CYCLOPS: What?

BEAST: Oh my stars and garters.

CYCLOPS: So Alex’s team has a win now too.

ARCHANGEL: Looks like they’ve lined up the New Mutants and X-Force to battle next.

BEAST: That eliminates one of the possibilities I was considering.

CYCLOPS: Which was?

BEAST: That I would be paired up against Feral of X-Force. It may still happen, but not this round. Kylun was also a thought I had, and one that is still possible since Excalibur has not yet competed in this round.

CYCLOPS: Who’s left on the table for us?

BEAST: With three team members to go on the remaining five teams that leaves Storm, Banshee, Sunfire, Bishop, Dazzler, Shadowcat, Meggan, Kylun, Cerise, Monet, Husk, Chamber, Northstar, Snowbird, and oh my…

CYCLOPS: What is it?

BEAST: I believe I may have been overthinking this. The perfect counterpart for me has been staring me right in the face this entire time and his team is available this round. 

CYCLOPS: Who?

BEAST: Doctor Walter Langkowski, Sasquatch of Alpha Flight. I can’t say for sure it will be this round but I feel we are destined to cross paths

?: Aye, ye are finally startin’ to put it together.

The mystery voice belonged to renowned geneticist Moira MacTaggert, who had eavesdropped on Hank and Scott’s conversation.

CYCLOPS: Are you implying that Hank is right on the money, Moira?

MOIRA MACTAGGERT: I am. Tis also the next fight on the docket after Magma and Rictor and Sunfire and Bishop. I have come to collect ya. I wouldna miss this battle of the brains for the world.

CYCLOPS: I’ll go get Jean.

Scott stood up and briefly took his leave.

MOIRA MACTAGGERT: Are ya feelin’ confident, Hank?

BEAST: Walt has a distinct size and strength advantage, so I will have to rely on my agility. I would typically try to outsmart a larger foe, but that may not be so easily in this case. 

Iceman and Archangel walked over to the table to join them.

ICEMAN: Did I hear right? Hank is up next?

BEAST: That is correct, Bobby.

Cyclops and Jean Grey also returned to the group.

JEAN GREY: We are here for you, and ready to cheer you on.

BEAST:  I must be cautious. Alpha Flight is winless thus far. Dr. Langkowski is no doubt feeling the same pressure that Jamie felt to get a win for his team. Jamie tapped into that pressure to apparently topple Logan.

ICEMAN: He was definitely going all out for sure.

MOIRA MACTAGGERT:  It may be a waste of breath to tell you this of all people, but ye don’t wanna overthink this, Hank. Shall we go.

BEAST: You are right, Moira, lead the way.

The Original X-Men team followed Moira to the Danger Room entrance where Alpha Flight awaited them. Guardian shook Cyclops’s hand, Vindicator greeted Jean warmly, and Northstar and Iceman exchanged salutations.

VINDICATOR: Northstar has nothing but positive things to say about his time as a teacher at your school.

NORTHSTAR: It is always an honor.

JEAN GREY: The honor is ours. Jean-Paul is a wonderful teacher and a great role model for his students.

Sasquatch approached Beast and towered over the blue furred mutant.

SASQUATCH: It is great to see you again, Dr. McCoy. 

BEAST: Likewise, Dr. Langkowski. I look forward to the day where we may work together again in a lab, but a friendly skirmish is always a good option as well.

SASQUATCH: I have felt that we have been on a collision course since this tournament started. It is nice to be proven correct.

MOIRA MACTAGGERT: Aye, we all know why we are here. The matchup for this round for your two teams will pit two genius intellects inside beastly bodies against one another. When ye step into the Danger Room it will be remade into an amalgamation of your respective labs. Are ye ready?

BEAST: Ready.

SASQUATCH: Ready.

"I have felt that we have been on a collision course since this tournament started" - sadly so true .

Whilst I want to give it to the smarter Beast, Sasquatch is a Hulk tier fighter and just feels out of Hanks reach. 

Again, awesome series and looking forward to the next one!

Sasquatch may be bested by Colossus, but Sasquatch is able to land punches that sting Hulk. Even Beast at his most Bestial (in the X-Force Runs way back pre-Genosha existing) isn't in that neighborhood.

Another good match for this arc, Johnny. 

I have to agree, though, that while Beast may be smarter and more agile, Sasquatch has too many other advantages to lose here. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.60 Total Combined Score
9.60 / 2 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Beast: 1
Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski): 4