Pumpkin Jack vs. Jack Pumpkinhead
MATCH SCORE
Pumpkin Jack: 4
Jack Pumpkinhead: 1

Rumble 20942 Korra vs. Kid Goku
MATCH SCORE
Korra: 1
Kid Goku: 0

Rumble 20938 The Mad Doctor vs. Loona vs. Mother (Sanitarium)
MATCH SCORE
The Mad Doctor: 0
Loona: 2
Mother (Sanitarium): 0

Rumble 20937 The Leprechaun vs. Jolly Roger
MATCH SCORE
The Leprechaun: 0
Jolly Roger: 1

Match 20671 Cyclops (Marvel Comics) vs. Cerise

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 21

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.jpeg.9c19b5c75a69dc449caac84344b33277.jpeg

Hank McCoy, Beast, tried his best to stay agile in his fight against Sasquatch, but the Alpha Flight powerhouse’s incredible strength proved too much. When Beast attempted to grab his leg from under him, Dr. Langowski kicked him away like a child. Hank scampered toward a bunsen beaker filled with a mysterious liquid and threw it at the Sasquatch’s face attempting to disorient his much bigger opponent. Sasquatch successfully evaded the flying science equipment and punched Beast in his side. Hank howled in pain as a punch strong enough to sting ta savage Hulk reverberated through his body. 

SASQUATCH: You can not win this I’m afraid.

Hank did not reply. He quickly bounced himself off a nearby wall like a wrestling ring turnbuckle and landed a back elbow across Walter’s face.  Hank then grabbed the steel pipes above his head and wrapped his legs around the head of Sasquatch. In an impressive feat of strength of his own, Hank was able to lift Sasquatch off the ground with his legs. He knew he had to act quickly to toss Walter, but he wasn’t quick enough. Sasquatch grasped Beast’s torso and brought them both back to the ground. Walter then grabbed Hank at the leg and slammed him hard into the wall. He repeated the same action to the wall behind them. Hank fell to his knees. Walter landed a devastating double ax handle blow to Hank’s back that put the Beast down for good.

SASQUATCH: A well fought match, my friend. Perhaps the next time we are in a lab together we can exercise our minds.

COMPUTER VOICE: Victory for Sasquatch. Alpha Flight now has one point. The Original X-Men team remain at one point.

From the viewing room, the leader of the Original X-Team looked on with concern.

CYCLOPS: Not the result we were hoping for, but we are not out of it yet. If Bobby and I can both win and we get a little luck from other matches we can still tie,

ICEMAN: We’ve got this, Scott.

Meanwhile, after Meggan Braddock defeated Amanda Sefton, the last undefeated team, Excalibur, consisting of Brian and Meggan Braddock, Rachel Summers, Kylun, and Cerise visited Rachel’s old room in the mansion while awaiting their next pairing.

MEGGAN: There is certainly more room around this mansion than there was in the lighthouse.

RACHEL SUMMERS: The lighthouse had its charm. And many happy memories.

CAPTAIN BRITAIN: Certainly.

As Rachel showed off some of her decor to the Braddocks, Kylun pulled Cerise aside.

KYLUN: We have a real chance to win this thing. I don’t think anyone would have predicted that.

CERISE: I would have. I have all the faith in this team and the fighters on it,

KYLUN: Do you feel any pressure now that it’s just down to you and me to secure the win for our team? Because I do.

CERISE: None at all. Shi’ar are always excited for battle, no matter the circumstances or expectations.

Kylun smirked.

KYLUN: I should have remembered that.

The five heroes were then joined by a teleporting in Pixie. Her sudden appearance startled Meggan and Rachel.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Pixie, what are you doing here?

PIXIE: Didn’t mean to give you a jump, I just want to congratulate Meggan in person on her victory over the former Magik. I believe us faerie mutants should support one another.

MEGGAN: Yes! And thank you.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Are you even allowed to be here with us? Are you not a member of X-Men Blue now after you stepped in for Jubilee?

PIXIE: I’m not actually sure. The rules are a little fuzzy. Speaking of fuzzy and blue, a certain elf was curious to see if you would be willing to reach out to him telepathically, Rachel.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Kurt?

PIXIE: Yes m’am

Pixie giggled.

PIXIE: I feel like I’m passing notes in school again. Anyway I just wanted to relay that message and say congratulations to Meggan.

MEGGAN: Thank you Megan.

Pixie disappeared just as abruptly as she had appeared.

CAPTAIN BRITAIN: I wonder what that is about.

MEGGAN: It would have to be about Amanda, right?

RACHEL SUMMERS: One way to find out.

Rachel Summers reached out to Nightcrawler telepathically.

RACHEL SUMMERS: You wanted to talk to me, Kurt.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Ah yes, fraulein, how are you? How is the team?

RACHEL SUMMERS: I am good, the team is doing good.

NIGHTCRAWLER: More than good I would say. You have won all your matches to this point.

RACHEL SUMMERS: We have acquitted ourselves well. What did you want to talk to me about?

NIGHTCRAWLER: Really I wanted to check in with the whole Excalibur team, seeing you all together brings such nostalgia for me, but I didn’t think I would get the chance. We only have Ororo left to fight on our team and I can’t picture her being paired up against either Cerise or Kylun. 

RACHEL SUMMERS: Yeah, me neither.

NIGHTCRAWLER: So I didn’t think I would get the chance to say hello before the tournament ended. but then Sean told me that Emma contacted him telepathically before his match. I guess telepathic communication between rival teams is allowed.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Such arbitrary rules when you think about it. 

NIGHTCRAWLER: Ya, anyway, congratulations on all your success so far. Give everyone my best. I am rooting for you and the Blue team.. To come in second that is. Which would mean, since Sunfire and Banshee lost, that I need Kylun, Cerise, and Rogue to all lose, as much as it pains me to root against my former teammate, my former girlfriend, and my sister.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Speaking of former girlfriends, I would have thought you would have wanted to talk to me about the surprise appearance of Amanda in the last round.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Ah, mein gott, that was a shock to see her in the Danger Room fighting against Meggan. Do you know how that came together?

RACHEL SUMMERS: It was all her, she wanted to participate and fight Meggan. She convinced Kitty to let her join their team and Dazzler to take her place.

NIGHTCRAWLER: So, she wasn’t summoned. What made her want to do that?

RACHEL SUMMERS: That’s a conversation you would have to have with her. Although, spoiler alert I know it has a lot to do with you.

NIGHTCRAWLER: A surprising and pleasant twist. Hopefully she is not too bitter about losing to Meggan. There is certainly no shame in that.

An unexpected visitor to Rachel’s old room appeared in the form of former X-Force member and Starjammer mainstay, the alien cat lady, Hepzibah.

CERISE: Rachel we need to go. It is our turn again.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Kurt, would love to keep chatting some more, but we are being summoned.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Guten tag, Rachel. We will catch up more soon.

RACHEL SUMMERS: I would like that.

She turned her attention to Hepizbah.

RACHEL SUMMERS: I must say I didn’t expect to see you here. I didn’t even know you were on world.

HEPZIBAH: On this terran planet I am for this special occasion. Requested specifically for this match my presence was.

The members of Excalibur, except for Cerise, were confused.

HEPZIBAH: Now come with me to the Danger Room.

The Team that awaited Excalibur and Hepzibah at the Danger Room was the Original Five of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Archangel.

JEAN GREY: Rachel.

RACHEL SUMMERS: Mom.

CYCLOPS: OK. What is the move here?

BEAST: I must admit with the fighters remaining on both sides, the answer is not easy to ascertain.

HEPZIBAH: Help with that I can.

Hepzibah revealed an orb that projected a hologram of Lilandra Neramani, Majestrix of the Shi’ar Empire. 

LILANDRA: Greetings members of the X-Men and Excalibur. I recorded this message specifically for your eyes. When Charles contacted me about allowing Cerise to temporarily leave her service to the Shi’ar Empire to participate in this tournament, I agreed on one condition. I get to pick her opponent. For you see I am very fond of Cerise, she is one of the few others in the whole of the Empire that shares my love and appreciation for your Terran world. I want to put her into the Imperial Guard and have her by my side as often as possible. However I want to make sure she is worthy of the honor. To that end I want her to fight against one of the best that you have to offer, and someone that Charles is very fond of. Thus I decreed that she would face Scott Summers, Charle’ss ‘first son’, brother of Vulcan, and leader of the X-Men. I chose Hepzibah to be my envoy to bear witness to Cerise’s success or failure. I trust her impartiality on this matter as she has ties to both the Empire through the Starjammers and to Earth and is the long time partner of Scott’s biological father, Corsair. I wish you both good luck in your upcoming battle and all of you for the battles ahead.

The holographic recording of Lilandra disappeared.

Kylun leaned in next to Cerise.

KYLUN: Still don’t feel any pressure?

CERISE: I understand the expectation of me. I have confidence in my superior strength and durability, but victory may depend on my ability to shield myself with Red Light constructs from his optic blasts.

RACHEL SUMMERS: My father is a lot more than just the beams from his eyes.

CERISE: I know that. I speak with no intent of disparagement. 

HEPZIBAH: Enter into the Danger Room you both now should. Start we will.

JEAN GREY: Good luck, Scott.

Cyclops and Cerise entered into the Danger Room which immediately transformed into Lilandra’s Throne Room.

Another good chapter to this Xavier Invitational arc, Johnny. One thing, though: isn't Lilandra still dead in the comics? 

As for the match, I also think Scott should probably win this. Cerise may make it kind of tough on him, though. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Boratz
4.50 - Pizza Guy
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.10 Total Combined Score
18.10 / 4 = 4.53 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Cyclops (Marvel Comics): 5
Cerise: 0

Aw dang missed this one. Cerise is a skilled interstellar combatant and may have a few more tricks than Scott, but to no avail.

On 6/24/2024 at 1:15 AM, DSkillz said:

Another good chapter to this Xavier Invitational arc, Johnny. One thing, though: isn't Lilandra still dead in the comics? 

Yes. But also, at this point Betsy Braddock is no longer Psylocke so I am admittedly playing a little fast and loose with the timeline.

2 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Yes. But also, at this point Betsy Braddock is no longer Psylocke so I am admittedly playing a little fast and loose with the timeline.

Heh, didn't know that until just now. Shows how far behind I am with comics these days. :D