Rumble 20938 The Mad Doctor vs. Loona vs. Mother (Sanitarium)
MATCH SCORE
The Mad Doctor: 0
Loona: 2
Mother (Sanitarium): 0

Rumble 20937 The Leprechaun vs. Jolly Roger
MATCH SCORE
The Leprechaun: 0
Jolly Roger: 1

Echo (Marvel Comics) vs. Norman Nordstrom
MATCH SCORE
Echo (Marvel Comics): 1
Norman Nordstrom: 2

Rumble 20935 Sterling Archer vs. Indoraptor
MATCH SCORE
Sterling Archer: 1
Indoraptor: 0

Rumble 20934 Lenore vs. Sam (Trick 'r Treat)
MATCH SCORE
Lenore: 1
Sam (Trick \'r Treat): 0

Match 20720 Gunloc vs. Raiden (Big Bear)

image.jpeg.f91e6f486e9a4591565db6f30facc08d.jpeg

TONY SHIAVONE: Hello everyone, welcome to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia and welcome to CBUB Championship Wrestling. My name is Tony Schiavone and I’m joined by Mike Tenay as we bring you the second match in the tournament to crown the first ever CBUB Heavyweight Champion of the World.

MIKE TENAY: It’s an honor and privilege to be here for this legendary occasion, Tony.

TONY SHIAVONE: Indeed it is. And what makes it so legendary is just how vast and encompassing this tournament is, it includes wrestlers from different promotions and different worlds. You will see competing for this championship, the best of the best. I know I have said it before, but at the end of this tournament it will be the biggest night in the history of our sport.

MIKE TENAY: I couldn’t agree more.

TONY SHIAVONE: Here tonight to help us take in this first round matchup we have invited 16 time world heavyweight champion, the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.

RIC FLAIR: How’s everybody doing tonight? Woooooo!

MIKE TENAY: So glad you could be with us here tonight, Nature Boy.

RIC FLAIR: You can count on me. The Nature Boy is always where the action is. 

TONY SHIAVONE: Ric, we wanted to have you out here with us because both of the wrestlers competing in this match have talked about drawing inspiration from two men you know very well, Sting and Vader.

RIC FLAIR: Two legendary figures to emulate, Woooo! I know all about drawing inspiration from a legend and making it my own. It’s not an easy thing to do and many fail to live up to those they take from.

TONY SHIAVONE: We will see if these two men can do that tonight. Mike, why don’t you tell the people at home, who may be unfamiliar, a little more about the two wrestlers competing here tonight.

MIKE TENAY: Certainly. First, there is Gunloc from the Capcom Wrestling Association. The CWA is home to legendary wrestlers like Zangief, R. Mika, and Mike Haggar. However, one of the hidden jewels of the promotion has always been Gunloc. He was a mainstay on their Saturday Night Slam Masters program as well as their more violent outing, Ring of Destruction. Gunloc competed both in singles competition as well as tagging with his friend and rival, Biff Slamkovich. He even did stints in Japan under the name Lucky Colt. Gunloc is a quick striker with his sonic punches, has a fisherman suplex that puts Curt Hennig to shame, and has shown amazing strength in putting away opponents twice his size with his Head Rocker Super Slam. It is a sight to see.

TONY SHIAVONE: And his opponent?

MIKE TENAY: His opponent will be Raiden from Alice Springs, Australia. Raiden has had a long wrestling career both in his home country and abroad. He is a vicious giant who cares nothing for his opponent’s safety and even had ties to a criminal organization in Southtown headed by notorious kingpin, Geese Howard.

RIC FLAIR: I bet this Geese guy knows how to throw a good party. I should talk to Raiden about getting an invitation, Wooo!

MIKE TENAY: I don’t know about that. By all accounts their relationship is over, but the point is Raiden’s history sheds a good light on how ruthless he can be. In the ring, Raiden moves well for a man his size and he has a very strong super dropkick. His Giant Bomb shoulder tackle is brutal as is his Crazy Train barrage of punches and double axe handles. Gunloc needs to be very wary of Raiden’s finisher, the Raiden Bomber Lariat or he will get his head knocked off.

RIC FLAIR: You’re getting me even more jazzed up for this match, pal!

Raiden’s entrance music echoed through the arena.

TONY SHIAVONE: Speaking of Raiden, here he is.

The mammoth mauler, Raiden, walked down the aisle in his traditional blue mask and singlet and was accompanied by a barefoot bald man in purple trunks.

RIC FLAIR: Who’s that goofy looking guy with him?

MIKE TENAY: That is Hwa Jai, a kickboxer from Thailand and a teammate of Raiden from the King of Fighters tournament. He appears to be here to offer his moral support.

Raiden stopped before he entered the ring and went up to the front row of fans. There he shook hands with another mountain of muscle that was sitting in the front row.

TONY SHIAVONE: What’s going on here?

MIKE TENAY: That’s Alexander the Grater, from Melbourne, Australia. He is a member of the Capcom Wrestling Association and just like Raiden, has taken huge inspiration from Big Van Vader. I wasn’t aware they knew each other.

RIC FLAIR: Probably ran into each other in some big man Vader fan club down under. Not exactly the kind of club you would find this sylin’,proflin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheelin’ and dealin’ son of a gun. But, to each their own, wooo!

MIKE TENAY: I think this spells trouble for Gunloc.

TONY SHIAVONE: We can ask him about it. Gunloc is currently backstage with our very own Mean Gene Okerlund. Gene?

Gunloc stood backstage in his brown military bomber jacket next to hall of fame interviewer, Mean Gene Okerlund.

MEAN GENE: Yes, I am here with Gunloc. Gunloc, how does it feel to be participating in this unprecedented tournament?

GUNLOC: It feels great, Mean Gene. I am glad to have been invited to CBUBCW. My guns are loaded and ready for action.

MENE GENE: You just saw, like everyone did, that a very familiar foe of yours, Alexander the Grater, is in the audience and is friendly with your opponent. Does that concern you?

GUNLOC: Not at all. If Raiden is that much of a wuss to seek Alexander’s help then he won’t last long against me. I’m going to take him to training camp.

MENE GENE: is there anything else you would like to say?

GUNLOC: I’m dedicating this match to Jessica Haggar. I hope you’re watching.

Gunloc pointed at the camera and then walked away from Mean Gene. His music played in the Georgia Dome and he walked out to a great reaction, ready to rumble.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizza Guy

FPA Calculation:
1 Total Votes cast
4.50 Total Combined Score
4.50 / 1 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Gunloc: 0
Raiden (Big Bear): 2