Rumble 20846 Lenore vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Lenore: 0
Komodo: 1

Venom (Flash Thompson) vs. Joey Wheeler
MATCH SCORE
Venom (Flash Thompson): 3
Joey Wheeler: 2

Rumble 20852 Cable and Captain Commando and Strider Hiryu vs. The Hulk and Colossus and Zangief

JohnnyChany

In honor of the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 rerelease, an official tournament involving all the characters in the game separated into three person teams (just like in the game) that make sense to me.

NOTE: To get the number of teams to an even 16 I eliminated the overpowered characters like Thanos, Shuma-Gorath, and Blackheart and the lowest level characters like Dan, Servbot, and Roll. Also, no Son Son because she isn't in the database yet and was an extra person.

Cable vs. Hulk: Cable has a good chance against the Hulk if he is unrestricted, and a slim chance against him if he's not, but the Hulk should more than often beat him in a fight. Like 7/10 times, Hulk should win against a restricted Cable. There's always the chance for an odd Cable win, but I don't see it happening here.

Strider Hiryu vs. Colossus: Strider can run circles around Colossus, and the fact that he can hit with Absolute Zero means that Strider should blitz Colossus before Colossus even knows what's going on. I'm going with Strider.

Captain Commando vs. Zangief: This is the closest fight in the whole tourney. And when I first looked at it, I thought that it was a surefire win for Zangief, but I actually think Captain Commando has a fair amount of ways to keep Zangief at bay. Electricity and fire should stop him from closing the distance, but the problem is that Zangief only needs to close the distance once to put Captain Commando out of commission. I guess I'll give this to Zangief.

Which yet again, leaves us with Strider Hiryu vs. Hulk and Zangief. Strider Hiryu blitzes Zangief, but that fight against Hulk is a tough one. The problem with Hulk is that even if he is hit with absolute zero, he should theoretically able to regenerate from it. Unfortunately, I'm somebody who wants to believe and I think that a ninja who can move as fast as Hiryu with an attack as busted as absolute zero should have this.

Cable and Captain Commando were my go to guys (Jill being my third person). 

Hulk is the hardest to put down but he actually has a good team. Colossus will be tough too. 

It would be a good idea to put Colossus and Zengief down but that won't be so easy and Hulk won't just sit around while his teammate get trounced.

With good strategy, there's a way for team 1 to win but team 2 will put up such a good fight that I think they'll take it in the end, possibly with all three still standing.

On 9/14/2024 at 5:31 AM, Macklemore said:

Cable vs. Hulk: Cable has a good chance against the Hulk if he is unrestricted, and a slim chance against him if he's not, but the Hulk should more than often beat him in a fight. Like 7/10 times, Hulk should win against a restricted Cable. There's always the chance for an odd Cable win, but I don't see it happening here.

Strider Hiryu vs. Colossus: Strider can run circles around Colossus, and the fact that he can hit with Absolute Zero means that Strider should blitz Colossus before Colossus even knows what's going on. I'm going with Strider.

Captain Commando vs. Zangief: This is the closest fight in the whole tourney. And when I first looked at it, I thought that it was a surefire win for Zangief, but I actually think Captain Commando has a fair amount of ways to keep Zangief at bay. Electricity and fire should stop him from closing the distance, but the problem is that Zangief only needs to close the distance once to put Captain Commando out of commission. I guess I'll give this to Zangief.

Which yet again, leaves us with Strider Hiryu vs. Hulk and Zangief. Strider Hiryu blitzes Zangief, but that fight against Hulk is a tough one. The problem with Hulk is that even if he is hit with absolute zero, he should theoretically able to regenerate from it. Unfortunately, I'm somebody who wants to believe and I think that a ninja who can move as fast as Hiryu with an attack as busted as absolute zero should have this.

I appreciate your breakdowns of all three of the team fights.

• Like 1