Rumble 20856 Grunkle Stan vs. Damien Thorn (adult)
MATCH SCORE
Grunkle Stan: 2
Damien Thorn: 1

Jessica Priest vs. Facehugger
MATCH SCORE
Jessica Priest: 2
Facehugger: 6

Arclight vs. Avalanche
MATCH SCORE
Arclight: 0
Avalanche: 3

Robocop vs. Durge
MATCH SCORE
Robocop: 1
Durge: 4

Lord Zedd vs. Ransik
MATCH SCORE
Lord Zedd: 6
Ransik: 0

Match 20866 Max Goof vs. Huey, Dewey, and Louie

JohnnyChany

You Be The Judge
Vote for who you would think would win

Max Goof

Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Rate the Set-Up
This is a rated match.
Please read the set-up and give your rating to it.
You are scoring for good creative writing.

Max Score:   

Your Score:   

image.jpeg.797b9c5bfc533817bc6f922cf3643fdc.jpeg

Mickey Mouse sat at the head of the long, polished oak conference table. To Mickey’s right, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck sat with their eyes fixed on him, while to his left, Goofy and Pete glanced at him and then at each other. Mickey tapped his fingers on the table.

"First off, I just want to thank y’all for comin’ to me with such wonderful ideas for our new legacy character project for Disney +," Mickey said with a grin. "Donald, your idea about a Huey, Dewey, and Louie show is fantastic. And Goofy, your idea for a show about Max? Just swell!."

Donald puffed his chest out with pride, while Goofy rubbed the back of his neck and gave off a shy smile.

"But," Mickey continued, "as much as I’d love to greenlight both shows, we only have the budget for one. So, I need y’all to convince me why your show should be the one we invest in."

Goofy leaned forward first. "Well, gosh, Mickey, Max is just the best. He’s grown up so much, and I think folks really connect with him. He's got this way about him—this… charm. I don’t know where he gets it from, but people just love him!"

Donald interrupted, "Charm? CHARMM?! My nephews have charm in SPADES! Huey, Dewey, and Louie are three of the brightest kids around! They’re smart, brave, fun.. they're the future! The audience has grown up with them and loves them!"

Goofy nodded and grinned. "Oh, I agree, Donald! Them boys are great, but there’s just somethin’ about Max. He’s got a special kinda magic. Maybe it’s that he's just like a regular kid, y’know? People see themselves in him."

Donald’s feathers ruffled, his voice grew louder. "Are ya sayin' my nephews aren't relatable?!" His face turned red with frustration. "They're kind and helpful, they’re mischievous and cunning, they’ve helped save the world before. What has Max ever done? Go to college!?!”

Mickey raised his hands to calm the escalating tension in the room. "Easy, fellas! I appreciate how much you both love your families, but I need more to go off of."

Pete, who had been quietly observing until this point, finally chimed in. "Goofy, why don’t ya let me handle this?" 

Goofy thought about it and then shrugged and nodded. 

Pete leaned in toward Mickey. "The choice is obvious, Mick. Max is a proven commodity. People still talk about A Goofy Movie to this day.  It’s a cult classic now. Despite a modest budget and no big marketing push, that movie stands the test of time. People adore it." Pete then turned toward Donald. "And let's not forget, we already tried a show with Huey, Dewey, and Louie as the leads, it was called Quack Pack. Remember that? It bombed."

Donald’s feathers bristled with indignation, but before he could fire back, Daisy placed a calming hand on his shoulder. 

"Let me," she whispered. She shot a look at Pete. "With all due respect, Pete, Quack Pack failed because it came at a strange time for Disney television, not because of the choice of characters. And if we’re going to talk about flops, need I remind you of An Extremely Goofy Movie?"

Goofy winced at the mention of the less beloved sequel. 

Daisy continued, "The reason A Goofy Movie has endured could have more to do with Powerline’s incredible performance and his catchy songs than with Max himself. It’s the music and spectacle people remember."

Goofy slumped slightly, but Pete wasn’t deterred. "Maybe, but you can’t deny the charm Max brings. And sure, your triplets are fine, but they’re all the same. With Max, you’ve got one kid with a real personality."

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "Three distinct personalities, Pete. Huey, Dewey, and Louie are unique individuals. That’s three times the opportunities for different stories, three characters for audiences to relate to, not just one."

Pete scoffed. "Unique? They’re rich, trust-fund kids thanks to Uncle Scrooge. Their biggest struggle is people mixing them up when they’re not wearing their usual colors."

Donald flared up again, but Daisy held him back.

Daisy’s voice remained steady. "Scrooge’s wealth is an asset, not a liability. There are constantly threats to his fortune, and let’s be honest, Gizmoduck is past his prime. Huey, Dewey, and Louie could step up to defend Scrooge’s money bin. Audiences love hero and villain stories, Pete."

Pete turned his focus to Mickey. "If you are looking for a show with a great villain, Mickey, look no further than me. I’ll give Max all the trouble he can handle, and then some."

Goofy squirmed uncomfortably at that suggestion but didn’t object. 

Daisy, meanwhile, also fixed her eyes on Mickey. "Mickey, think of the possibilities with our show. It wouldn’t just be about the boys. There’s female representation too. Characters like me, Webby, and Della. Audiences want diversity. And with family dynamics like ours? It’s rich for storytelling."

Pete waved her off. "This sounds like a rehash of DuckTales. We already brought that back once. Not to mention so many families are smaller nowadays. It would be better to focus on more universal family dynamics like the father-son bond between Goofy and Max. And if you want to bring in some engaging female characters, we can bring back Roxanne."

Goofy’s eyes widened. "R-Roxanne? Really?"

Pete nodded. "Yeah! People loved her and Max together. There’s still unresolved tension there. Were their feelings real, or was it just puppy love? The audience would eat it up. And let’s face it Daisy, none of your boys have romantic prospects to hook the viewers."

Daisy crossed her arms. "That’s not true. If it’s romantic tension you're after, we could bring in Gosalyn Mallard. With her experience from Darkwing Duck, she could help the boys fight villains. She could be a love interest for one of the boys or even cause some tantalizing drama if more than one of the triplets develops feelings for her. People love love triangles and people love crossovers."

Pete narrowed his eyes. "More than crossovers, you know what people like? Answers to longtime mysteries. And a show about Max Goof could finally answer one of the biggest mysteries of all. Who is Max’s mom and what happened to her.”

Goofy’s face turned beet-red and his eyes bulged. "M-m-my M-Max’s mom?!"

Mickey looked at his longtime friend with concern, "Goofy, would you be okay with that?"

Goofy fumbled with his words. "Well, uh, I-I-I guess if it’s for Max’s sake…"

Pete leaned back smugly. "It’s a story that needs to be told."

Daisy shook her head. "You can’t base a whole show on that one plot point, Pete."

Pete smirked. "I’m not. The show is about Max, and everything else is just aspects of his life. Trust me when I say the audience wants more Max."

“Not as much as they want more Huey, Dewey, and Louie,” Daisy retorted.

Mickey stood up.. "Alright, I think I’ve heard enough. Thank you all for your time and passion. I’ll take everything you’ve said to the board, and we’ll vote on which project to move forward with."

Daisy leaned toward Donald and whispered, "We’ve got this in the bag."

On the other side of the table, Pete patted Goofy on the back. "Don’t worry, Goof, the deal’s as good as done."